Most commonly, quantitative benefits of ELN enterprise implementation are readily recognized and documented through statistical figures and calculations. In this AstraZeneca case study, these advantages are described as follows:
- Average productivity improvement in medicinal chemistry: 10%
- ELN technology increased the amount of experimental productivity by decreasing the amount of time necessary to practice documentation
- Patent preparation made more efficient through time-saving techniques that allow chemists to easily convert electronic documentation into patent submissions
- Materials weight, quantity and yield calculated automatically in real time
- Ability to electronically clone replicate reactions reduced documentation time
- Report and presentation preparation time reduced by availability of precisely and orderly documented electronic experiment records
- Creation of searchable, comprehensive database of documentation
Less commonly discussed are the intangible advantages achieved through ELN implementation, but the AstraZeneca case study does an excellent job of highlighting qualitative benefits experienced after integration with E-Notebook enterprise ELN.
One of the most important benefits achieved through ELN implantation in a global organization is the ability to cross cultural and geographic boundaries to stimulate and promote teamwork, collaboration and discovery through shared access to team’s data.
Highest-quality documentation and record keeping are also enforced through systematic ELN data input practices and regulations, allowing for meticulous electronic audit trails and digital certification of experiment authenticity.
Furthermore, ELN enterprise software acts as a launching platform to engage additional integrated electronic programs and services. From the PerkinElmer Informatics suite, products like ChemBioOffice® and the TIBCO Spotfire® software platform are easily implemented to complement and increase ELN capabilities.
Read the Astra Zeneca case study in its entirety by clicking here, or read our news release announcing our success in Gartner’s recent IT report by clicking here.
To learn about E-Notebook for Chemistry enterprise ELN, click here, for Biology, click here.